The Utah Mile Challenge is a road running fitness race for folks of all ages and abilities. This event is designed to encourage you to set a PR at the mile distance with a course that is slightly downhill in the heart of Salt Lake City. Run hard, Run fast, and get rewarded!
NOTE: *Due to the recent Covid Pandemic, the race has converted into a virtual event, but modified awards and recognition will still happen! We, like you, cannot wait until restrictions for city racing lift and we can race like we used to! But until then, this is a magnificent opportunity to have fun, get some sweet swag, all while benefiting Challenged Athletes Foundation.
Once you have registered, you have until May 30th to run your fastest mile on our fast route! You can run as many times as you want to, but you can only submit one performance/result to us. We encourage you to do a trial run or two to understand the course and how to best navigate it for your best time.
We will mail out your participation packet on April 30th or May 30th depending on when you registered.
1) Register! You must be registered before you submit your times. The earlier the registration, the better opportunity to win items from our weekly drawings!
Registration is $24.99 until April 1, then increases to $29. Registration is now open.
2) Run The Course anytime before May 30th, 2021. Run the course at your leisure and as many times as you want. However, you can only submit your time to us once! The course will be marked on the ground with biodegradable route arrows. We will send participants photos of the arrows, start and finish-line before March 15.
3) Submit your time to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
a) Reference "MY UTAH MILE RESULTS" in the subject line of your email.
b) Submit proof of your results with snapshot or document of your time and map
via Strava, Mapmyrun, or similar app to provide ample proof of completion.
-We'll even accept photos of your Garmin/Apple or similar watch.
c) Get rewarded!
Just interested in participating? Simply email us after you have registered that
you completed the event, and we'll get you your Finisher Award!
Not from Utah, but still want to participate? No problem! If you run a mile that is
NOT our course, you'll still receive all the sweet stuff in the race packet, but just
won't be listed on our Utah Mile results page.
4) Get Rewarded! After April 30th, and again on May 30th we will issue results based on total times. Because this is a virtual race, overall results will not be recognized. However, the following will be recognized with special awards.
Sub 4 Minute Club: Anyone who completes the mile under 4 minutes
Sub 5 Minute Club: Anyone who completes the mile under 5 minutes
Sub 6 Minute Club: Anyone who completes the mile under 6 minutes
Sub 7 Minute Club: Anyone who completes the mile under 7 minutes
Sub 8 Minute Club: Anyone who completes the mile under 8 minutes
Finisher Club: Anyone who finished the mile for fun!
ALL PARTICIPANTS will receive the 'AMAZING FINISHER PACKET"!
- Includes: Gender Specific T-shirt, Certificate of Your "Minute Club" level,
Souvenir "Utah Mile pint glass, Souvenir race bib, $50 hotel voucher,
and a cool "Extra Mile Racing finisher medal
Your Registration includes the following:
THE AMAZING FINSHER PACKET!
- Gender Specific T-shirt
- Certificate of Your "Minute Club" Level
- Souvenir Utah Mile Pint Glass
- Souvenir Race Bib
- Cool Extra Mile Racing Finisher Medal
- $50 Hotel credit voucher!
Skol Sporting Management and The Utah Mile have chosen Challenged Athletes Foundation as its beneficiary for 2021. A portion of your entry will be donated to Challenged Athletes Foundation.
It is the mission of the Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF) to provide opportunities and support to people with physical challenges, so they can pursue active lifestyles through physical fitness and competitive athletics. The Challenged Athletes Foundation believes that involvement in sports at any level increases self-esteem, encourages independence and enhances quality of life.
For more information about CAF, visit www.challengedathletes.org
Do you have questions or comments about the event? Send us a message, and we will get back to you as soon as we finish our run, or within 24 hours, whichever is sooner.
Copyright © 2021 The Utah Mile Run - All Rights Reserved.